Issue #37 of the Ken Chronicles

Issue #37 was released in November, 2015, and is 28 digest-sized pages in b&w. It contains "Input & Feedback," "A Matter of Life & Death" (about losing a friend of over 50 years), "A Matter of Good & Evil," (about the good and bad that people do to others), "What I've Been Reading (including zines)/watching/etc., Lately," and "Updates, Oddities & Random Thoughts."

Review by Kris Mininger (produces the perzine, Chorrada, in Spain):
The Ken Chronicles #37: My folks will be making their annual jump over the puddle to visit me soon. The other day on Skype my father asked, “Do you have any new issues of The Ken Chronicles?” My father is a lurker. He reads my zines, but he doesn’t contribute to the zine community by making one of his own. He’ll be retiring soon and he has mentioned a couple of times that, when he has more free time, he’s going to start a zine. I think he’s secretly taking notes from Ken’s zine as to how to go about doing this. 

Ken is a retired auto mechanic and his zine is, “all about me… my life, travels, opinion and philosophy.” Each issue starts off with lively letters and feedback from readers and fellow zine publishers which I love. Unfortunately, the next piece is about Ken losing a close friend to cancer recently. This puts Ken in a contemplative mood: “I’ve long been a proponent of enjoying life while you can; it could all be gone tomorrow. If there’s something you want to do, someplace you want to go, then – by all means – do it!” Then Ken loses his wallet at the beach and completely lucks out when a good Samaritan finds it and gets it back to him. It’s all rounded out with zine, music, and DVD reviews and some random thoughts and updates.

Available in the b&w print version, postpaid to the USA
for $3 cash or payable to my PayPal account.
If you purchase the print version, I'll
throw in the FREE full-color PDF version
sent directly to your inbox
(or available on its own for $2).
Contact: Ken Bausert, 2140 Erma Drive, East Meadow, NY 11554. PassScribe@aol.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the Ken Chronicles #69

the Ken Chronicles #67

the Ken Chronicles #70