Issue #40 of the Ken Chronicles

Issue #40 of the Ken Chronicles was released in August, 2016, and is 28 digest-sized pages in b&w with a color centerfold. It contains my first installment of "People, Places & Things (that aren't there anymore);" my way of remembering and paying homage to some items that were a big part of my life. In this issue, that includes the Variety Photo Plays (an old theater where my older brother took me to see movies when I was a kid); the Cypress Hills Swimming Pool (where my friends and I would cool off in the summer); and Giovanni Mosconi (who owned and operated Monte's Italian Restaurant in Greenwich Village – he's still alive, BTW, just retired from the restaurant). This issue also follows me on a couple of my projects around the house, a visit to the Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, in Florida, and "What I've been reading (including zines) and experiencing lately."

Review by Kris Mininger (produces the perzine Chorrada in Spain):
In #40 Ken blows the budget and includes color photos of birds he photographed at a state park in Florida. He also gives us details on his latest projects: fixing his hot tub and an old reel to reel tape deck. Ken’s pretty damn handy. But the highlight here is a piece called “People, Places & Things (that aren’t there anymore)”. Ah, nostalgia… As I get older I find myself paying closer attention to the people and places around me because I know they could disappear in the blink of an eye. Every issue of the Chronicles contains lots of letters from readers, as well as black & white pics of his adventures. Ken’s living the dream. 

Review by Carlos Palacios from Germany:
This perzine is more like an open letter to everyone to read and enjoy. The editor has a very charming and nice style, which makes his zine highly enjoyable. The pages are packed with words and images that combine perfectly with the vibe of the zine. I had a chance to read the zine few years ago and lost track, so I’m glad to read it again. The zine is about nonfiction, experiences, traveling, diy, and opinions. A very nice way to be part of Ken’s life. In a warm and charming way he is sharing his life, points of view and experience with us. 

 Available in the b&w print version, postpaid to the USA
for $3 cash or payable to my PayPal account.
If you purchase the print version, I'll
throw in the FREE full-color PDF version
sent directly to your inbox
(or available on its own for $2).
Contact: Ken Bausert, 2140 Erma Drive, East Meadow, NY 11554. PassScribe@aol.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the Ken Chronicles #69

the Ken Chronicles #67

the Ken Chronicles #70